A highly interdisciplinary program that prepares the next generation of health informatics leaders.
- Manage large scale projects related to clinical and public health information systems.
- Develop and evaluate health information systems that impact clinical decision making and health care quality.
- Analyze and manage health data for enhancements to clinical practice, biomedical research and public health services.
- Take advantage of the combined strengths of top-ranked professional schools on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus.
Prepare for a variety of jobs in clinical and public health informatics, including:
- Health IT Specialist
- Clinical Systems Coordinator
- Strategy and Analytics Coordinator
- Pharmacy Integration Analyst
- Health Informatics Analyst
- Health Outcomes Liaison
- Healthcare Analyst
- Clinical Partner Outcomes Specialist
For more information: Carolina Health Informatics Program (CHIP)
I chose the Master of Professional Science in Biomedical and Health Informatics at UNC-Chapel Hill because the degree combines rigorous coursework in information science and health with a focus on professional development. I also like that the program supports making the degree my own. While the degree does have a strong core curriculum, we still have plenty of room for both exploration and specialization, via the practicum and electives.
– Evan Galloway, MPS in Biomedical and Health Informatics, December 2015