Summer 2017 admission: March 14, 2017
Fall 2017 admission: April 11, 2017
Admission decisions for the Biomedical and Health Informatics program are based on a comprehensive review of each applicant
- Minimum requirements (listed below)
- Academic degrees and record
- Written statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Test scores
- Relevant work and research experience
- Interview with Program Director
- Bachelor’s degree (based on a four-year curriculum) completed before graduate study begins or its international equivalent with an accredited institution
- Average grade of B (cumulative GPA 3.0) or better
Required information includes
- An online application
- Payment of an application fee ($85, non-refundable)
- Complete transcripts for all coursework (one UNOFFICIAL transcript from each university attended must be uploaded within the application)
- Current letters of recommendation (the email address of three recommenders will be required within the application for electronic submission)
- GRE or MCAT scores (no more than 5 years old)
- A statement of purpose
- Copy of resumé/curriculum vitae
International students are encouraged to apply to the PSM programs. Students must be full-time in order to qualify for an F-1 Visa. Students are permitted to work on-campus (not including the UNC hospital) and may work up to 20 hours per week in fall and spring semesters, and up to 40 hours per week in the summer. Students are encouraged to attend the International Student orientation.
View information about applying for a visa.
How do I apply?
Application materials are received by the Graduate School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Visit the Graduate School Admissions website for additional information. The minimum requirement for admission to the Biomedical and Health Informatics program will be a Bachelor’s degree, a GPA of 3.0 and GRE scores above the 50th percentile in each category (verbal, quantitative, writing).
Ready to apply?
Access the UNC-Chapel Hill Graduate School online application to submit your application materials.